Flying cars have actually been a huge part of sci-fi movies for decades. But, I feel that flying cars have become a reality and, we might be seeing one in the commercial market very soon. A lot of companies have actually created real flying cars that will be sitting around cities. They have been given safety checks, and a lot of them have received licences as well. Companies like NASA, Uber and Boeing are actually testing some prototypes of their own. They are trying to bring the very first flying cars of the world to our city skies in the next couple of years and, I feel that this is a very real possibility. Well, flying cars are really cool and, I will be talking about the potential advantages and disadvantages of these spectacular machines.
1. Firstly, it will minimise traffic pollution. I am pretty sure that the flying cars will be powered with the help of electricity. Most land-based fossil fuel burning vehicles will soon become obsolete. Well, Tesla Motors has actually been very impactful when it comes to rendering fossil fuel cars useless. Electric cars are now a huge thing. If flying cars are introduced, I feel that fossil fuel cars will be very useless and for a good reason.
2. You should also be considering the lower emissions. Actually, there will be zero emissions from an electric vehicle like a flying car. That is why, it is actually a great thing to think about. When there are lower emissions, you should consider the lesser impact on the environment. It will dramatically reduce emissions. And it will also lower the greenhouse gas emissions by a lot.
3. You will be able to travel long distances in just minutes. It all depends on the efficiency of the flying car. It also depends on what kind of propulsion system that it will be using. The shortest distance from point A to point B is a straight line and, a flying car will actually be able to take you very quickly, even if it is a very long drive.
4. It will end up freeing the roads for cyclists and pedestrians alike.
5. The futuristic technology will only improve.
1. Unfortunately, it can’t all be good news. There are some disadvantages that we need to think about. The car probably can’t carry as many passengers as a land car. The flying cars must actually be very lightweight and, if they are heavy, it will require too much energy to get them off the ground. That is why, they can only carry small numbers of people.
2. Secondly, I am sure they will cost a bomb. They will probably be very expensive.
3. There will need to be a proper takeoff and landing infrastructure in place.
4. Well, we need to consider the safety of a small flying vehicle.